Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Broken Pieces by Riley Hart

Broken Pieces
by Riley Hart
 

Synopsis:
Can three broken pieces make a whole?

Josiah Evans is the orphan who lost both his parents. He’s sweet, shy, and all heart. He wants nothing more than to be loved.

Mateo Sanchez is the son of a gang leader. He’s seen it all, and never hesitates to do what needs to be done, no matter what it is.

Tristan Croft is the wealthy attorney who clawed his way up from the bottom to rule his own world. He’ll never depend on anyone but himself again.

Three men who couldn’t be more different…and yet, as their lives intersect they find an uncommon balance that calms the storms inside each of them, and ignites fires hotter than they ever thought imaginable.

Told in three parts and spanning over ten years, BROKEN PIECES is a journey of healing for three fragmented souls, finding love in the unlikeliest of places—with each other.
 
 
My Review:
5+++++++++++++ Clicky Wrist stars!
 
So I've been sitting here for the last 24 hours trying to figure out where the hell to start with this one. I have ready MANY love triangles, many menage's, and ALOT of M/M erotica (my all time favorite genre)...this one takes the cake and NOTHING I say will do this book justice! When Riley warned my that this book was "darker and grittier than Collide" I was ready to go full speed ahead. I didn't realize I was going to fall so hard and deep...FOR ALL FUCKING THREE OF THEM!
Okay...lets start with Josiah...Oh Josiah! All throughout this book I wanted to reach through my iPad, hug the crap out of him, and tell him that everything will be okay. MY (yes...I said MY) beautiful orphan man with no other goal in the beginning other than to be loved and cherished. When Riley claimed in the synopsis that he was all heart...Christ, was she NOT kidding! He was so vulnerable. Vulnerable, self conscious yet kind and so selfless...he was one of those characters that you fall instantly in love with and know that it's not going to change.
He meets Mateo.
*Sigh* My bad boy, take-no-shit Mateo. *cue the tears* Their love story was heart-warming and earth shattering. Mateo...the typical bad-boy, gang member who has been "trained" his entire life for his 'place' on the streets, and knows...better yet thinks...that's where he belongs...until he meets Josiah. Both have inner demons, loss, tragedy and no love in their lives. When you start learning of the relationship Teo and Jay have, the feelings pull at something so deep in the chest, you almost don't think you'll survive just reading about it! Teo, who sees himself as someone who can't have such feelings...you start to see him open up and blossom at this. And the way he takes care of Jay...you know he would go to any distance to keep him safe. although he hasn't ever seen himself this way...Teo is the true definition of self-less. Selfless to the point where he fears for Jay in his lifestyle, feeling he deserves more than what he could ever provide him...so he lets him go...
Then he meets Tristan...
When I first started reading about Tristan, I was confused to how he was going to fit in. He's an established attorney with all of his ducks in a row. Then you learn that he as well, has a rough history with just as much angst. He has no plans on settling down, feeling no one will ever understand what he had to go through to get where he is today. Like Teo...he is pulled, almost involuntarily, to Josiah's world, and sparks FLY! You start to see Josiah grow as a man and yet still unsure about where he belongs, but knows Tristan is a permanent piece of his puzzle.
Thennnnnn Mateo comes back...
After 9 years Mateo makes a cameo. I was honestly unsure how I felt about this. I KNEW that what him and Josiah had was true love, but yet he needed and deserved Tristan...*let the greatest mind fuck begin!-grab tissues*

The title of this book was so extremely appropriate. All three of them lost, confused and utterly broken. They find solace and peace with each other. It was the perfect trifecta of loss, love and healing. This book engulfed my soul while I read it, and I was beat up and missed them like crazy when I was finished. Josiah, Mateo and Tristan are real in my mind. When a story does that...when you can see the story the author is trying to tell like a movie in your head and you live a part of the characters life...you KNOW its a winner. This book was one that had an AMAZING storyline and some crazy, sexy as hell sex scenes.
I could seriously go on and on and on about how amazing this book is...but then I would just be wasting time you could be reading it!

Author Contact:
 


No comments:

Post a Comment